You promised to take care of your loved ones, but have you ever thought what happens if they have to take care of you? Planning today can lessen the impact of family care giving, while still maintaining lifestyles and careers. The decisions you make today will influence who cares for you and the quality of care received.
- Only pays for long-term care if you require skilled services or rehabilitative care
- Does not pay for non-skilled assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADL), which make up the majority of long-term care services
- Does pay for the largest share of long-term care services, but to qualify, your income must be below a certain level and you must meet minimum state eligibility requirements
- Such requirements are based on the amount of assistance you need with ADL
- Most employer-sponsored or private health insurance, including health insurance plans, cover only the same kinds of limited services as Medicare
- If they do cover long-term care, it is typically only for skilled, short-term, medically necessary care
Good To Know
- Private sources of payment have their own eligibility requirements and premiums for the services they cover
- There are an increasing number of private payment options including: Long-term care insurance, Reverse mortgages, Life insurance options, Annuities
FPS Insurance Agency (FPSIA) is dedicated to raising awareness of the importance of planning for ones long term care needs by offering quality long term care education, service and resources for consumers, employers and our agents. (FPSIA) is a national insurance agency providing senior solutions specialist that are dedicated to helping you design a plan with the best features, without over-buying. Our leadership team is comprises founding leaders from the senior solutions space that have a proven track record of delivering excellence and providing industry stewardship.
Our Mission: To raise national awareness of the need for each citizen to develop a long-term care plan and to educate on the private and public products and services available to them.